When is the last time you focused on something for yourself? For your body? For your soul?
A year ago? What?!
Listen, it doesn’t have to be something extravagant or expensive, it just has to be something that makes YOU feel good.
So here we go, I’m going to share some common self care practices that either don’t take too much effort or don’t take too much $$.
Since I’ve started focusing in on my health and wellness, I’ve really been trying to focus on bettering my self care practices. Taking time for yourself changes your inner self for the better. So let’s start now!
- Burn your favorite scented candle (LOVE TO DO THIS)
- If baths are your thing, take one, a long one with bubbles and salts.
- Relax. Meditate and breath. Really take a few minutes to recenter yourself.
- Go outside. The sun is crazy good for your body and mind.
- Enjoy a hot cup of tea before bed. It will help you calm down and fall asleep.
- Start a gratitude journal. They say you can change your happiness in just 21 days.
- LEARN TO SAY NO. This is vital to your well being. And remember, no one needs an explanation.
- Take a walk or a hike or a bike ride. Get some fresh air and move your body.
- Workout. The endorphin rush is enough to make it worth it.
- Eat WELL. Fuel your body with nutrient rich foods, not processed crap.
- Stretch. Breathe and reach for your toes, feel your body elongate.
- Unplug. No computers, no phones, no social media. Take time away from the screen
- Read a book. Get lost in a story. If thats not your thing, read a Personal Development book and expand your mind.
- Go out to coffee or lunch with a friend. Catch up over a capp.
- Write down a few positive affirmations. Go over them again. And again.
- Take yourself on a date. Embrace yourself. Show yourself the love you show so many others.
- Do a face mask. Do a hair mask. Shave your legs. Do some self care that makes you feel unstoppable.
- Check in with yourself. How are you feeling? What do you want? Are you ok?
- Speak up. If you don’t like something, say it. If you feel something, say it. Do not internalize.
- Wear your favorite outfit. Feel confident and beautiful. Because you are.
- Call a loved one. This one goes both ways, they’ll feel the love too.
- Binge watch your favorite show. It can be hard and not feel ok to slow down, but just remember you can’t give your best if you never relax and slow down.
- Give yourself grace. You are doing a great job. It is ok to not always be on and working.
- Let go of toxic people. Just because you’re close doesn’t give them a right to continue to know you. Remember that.
- Go get a mani & pedi. One of the best forms of self care in my opinion.
- Laugh. Watch a funny movie or stand up comedy. Laugh with a friend or family member. Let it go and laugh.
- Take control of your finances. This isn’t a fun one but it’s necessary for a good future.
- Splurge on yourself. Obviously don’t go overboard but a treat now and again doesn’t hurt.
- Forgive. Forgive those who hurt you in the past, let it go so you can move on.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Great things will come from it and it will help you grow as a person.
- Work toward something that inspires you. Continue to push for your dreams.
- Create a vision board. Get clear on your goals and go for them. Don’t stop until you’re there.
- Buy yourself some flowers. They don’t have to be expensive but they do have to make you happy.
- Diffuse your favorite oils. Whether you’re a lavender girl or a fresh lemon type. Whatever helps relax you, diffuse it.
- Sleep in. It’s called beauty sleep for a reason.
- Go makeup free for a day. Wake up, wash your face, and moisturize. Let your skin breathe the rest of the day.
- Silence your inner mean girl. Her words don’t matter.
- Bake/buy your favorite treat. Sweet treats are never wrong.
- Declutter your space. Productivity happens when you have a clear area.
- Reflect on all that you have accomplished. It’s easy to forget and focus on the negative, but remember how much you have done. It’s important.
There are SO many other good ones, but here is a short list to get you started, babes.